Happy Valentine's Day, y'all!
♥
I really can't claim that choosing blue for Valentine's Day was very inspired.
Instead, it was caused by the disappointed realization that all of my vaguely romantic, pink, holiday dresses
have been worn Valentine after Valentine, year after year.
One of those "closet full of nothing to wear" moments, really. Plain and simple.
Being a busty girl, I wouldn't normally go for a baby doll dress, although they're infamously comfy.
But I really liked the pattern so I indulged. After much deliberation.
The secret to making it work is really just a good bra, ultra supportive and smooth.
And it helps to go with a medium-sized pattern (definitely not stripes) and if you have a bit of a tummy,
Spanx or another type of body shaper couldn't hurt either.
Being a busty girl, I wouldn't normally go for a baby doll dress, although they're infamously comfy.
But I really liked the pattern so I indulged. After much deliberation.
The secret to making it work is really just a good bra, ultra supportive and smooth.
And it helps to go with a medium-sized pattern (definitely not stripes) and if you have a bit of a tummy,
Spanx or another type of body shaper couldn't hurt either.
And I had the excuse to indulge myself with some helium balloons, a luxury that I was surprised to
uncover will no longer be available in years to come, due to a finite quantity of helium on Earth.
Sad, regarding the end of an era, but more importantly, that it is necessary for hospital use,
but will be depleted in an estimated ten years.
Strange too, to imagine that our children and grandchildren won't have birthday balloons,
a staple from my own childhood...
Will they believe us when we say: "back in my day, Granny used to get new-fangled Helium
balloons, that floated!" Hoo, boy.
In the immortal words of Poe:
NEVERMORE.
Outfit:
Blue Toile dress - Asos
Red Mary Jane heels - Material Girl
Silver heart locket, rosebud earrings - all gifts
Hammered silver bangle - made by my super-talented big sister Bonnie!
Photos by Colin






No comments:
Post a Comment