Friday, September 27, 2013

rainy day blues







While stuck indoors by the rain, I thought I would have some fun with the camera.
You'll notice a very prominent blue-and-white theme here.
Blue is my favourite colour, among many, and I'm just obsessed with it right now.
Particularly in Toile de Jouy prints, and anything remotely Chinese, Russian or Nordic.
Bear in mind though that this is but a mere sampling of all the blue-hued items I own...
As I said, I love it.

Some people might wonder why this particular colour palette, since it's often associated
with summer, weekends in the Hamptons, white houses with white columns...

Well, of all the colour combinations, this is the most timeless to me.
Mix both your favourite colours/shades together and what do you get?
Besides, I can only wear so much grey and black.
(For the record, I own a lot of black clothing! But I usually wear it on school days, 'cause it's casual).



From Top:

1. Asos Toile de Jouy dress

2. Ginger Jar from the Bombay Company, another obsession: Iittala's "Taika" line of tableware.
I was looking for it for years, being hesitant about ordering online, and now they sell it at Capital Iron
Gaiman and Tolkien are on my Reading List.

3. Blue is bleeding into all aspects of my life: considering paint swatches, pretty paper from the Papery.
My rainy day playlist includes Goldfrapp's new album Tales of Us
Also just released: Neko Case's new album (which is equally amazing). 
Bonnie and I were in Vancouver to see her performance at the Orpheum this Friday.

4. An assortment of blue shirts and dresses.
First three are Dynamite, middle is French Connection, then an H&M scarf, 
Dynamite tank top, and an American Eagle tee.

5. Detail of my Lomonosov teapot. I splurged on a whole set this summer and I adore it!!
I'm wild about most of the indigo Lomonosov patterns right now.

6. Miss KG bow platform pumps, Marc by Marc Jacobs gingham satchel

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics